When we have been through intense hardship, surviving these experiences leaves an imprint in our bellies, and gets our nervous system off balance. Our nervous system is extraordinary, it’s relentless mandate is to keep you alive, but sometimes it has a struggle recognising that the fight is over. In this support program you can return from states of hypervigilance, shock and defeat. You will learn simple, safe, ways to re-discover embodied aliveness and responsiveness. This work is based in neuroscience, evidence based psychotherapeutic methods to renegotiate traumatic states. Often people can be high functioning in many areas and yet be troubled by alarming somatic symptoms. Trauma is an embodied event and to fully recover from traumatic experiences we need to work somatically.
- Learn about ANS Dysregulation
- Practice Invaluable Simple Coping Strategies
- Learn how to master your somatic responses
- Recognise the small moments of triumph
- Renegotiate Survival Responses
- Find Home Base in your Body
- Rest, Relaxation and Repair
- Mindfulness and Breath Support
- Learn about sequencing and metabolising Intense Emotions
- Shame, Belonging and Connection
It is generally a prerequisite for joining these support programs that you have done some therapy sessions with me first. Some trauma recovery work needs to be done in individual sessions to carefully titrate the work and help you with procedural memory. And some trauma recovery work benefits from being with others, witnessing and engaging in mutual regulation.
I am an expert in this area of work, and have specialised in somatic psychotherapy for two decades. There really is life after life after triggers, phobias, fragmentation, and freaking out. I would love to help you.
Scholarship places can be offered to people experiencing financial hardship