This 8 day course will introduce the important role of embodied awareness both for living and for being a therapist. Broken up into 4 x 2-day clinics over the year, we will experience how our embodied self is what creates authentic presence.
- Cultivate a sophisticated level of embodiment, and through specific somatic modalities discover how deeply intelligent and responsive our bodies are in interaction.
- Explore observing, facilitating, witnessing and resonating as embodied skills, and look diagnostically at the organisation of systems within a person.
- Enrich the repertoire of how we make contact by embracing the many textures and rhythms of our different functional systems.
The work is a synthesis of Gestalt Psychotherapy, Somatic Practices, and Relational approaches. It draws upon the philosophical legacy of Phenomenology and the advances in Neurobiology that have influenced contemporary psychotherapy practice.
The physiological knowledge is based in her BA honours degree in somatics and movement education and her further studies with worldwide leaders in the field.
- This course is made up of 4 clinics over the year this being the first of 4.
- We highly recommend that you enrol in all 4 workshops if you can so that you experience the full 8 module course. However you can book individual workshops as well.
- Limited spaces.
Module Seven: Visceral Resonance: Breathing, Beating, Absorbing and Metabolising
Module Eight: Endocrine Organisation: Energy and Imagination